Healthy Holiday Recipes
OKAY FRIENDS.... IT'S HEALTHY HOLIDAY RECIPES TIME!!
SANTA IS WATCHING HIS WEIGHT THIS YEAR... AND SO SHOULD WE I'm sharing four of my favorite HEALTHY cookie recipes that are pure crowd pleasers!
Taylor and I, Oh! I can't wait to introduce you to her... she's a sweet friend of mine who is truly divine. I would say it's safe to say she is a culinary genius. She owned a local cake business for many years and was featured on the Food Network for a few series of cake wars.
She and I were working on my next HUGE project for Laurenvalentino.com and we baked this first recipe to perrrrrfect it.... And we ate the whole batch. Guilt-free!
Healthy Cookie Recipes #1
"Girl, you're a Fruitcake" Cauliflower Protein Cookies
- 2 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup whole ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar or regular Swerve sweetener
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 chopped walnuts or mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup currents or raisins or dried cranberries I used orange-infused dried cranberry
- 1/4 cup diced apricots
- Defrost cauliflower in the microwave
- Put defrosted cauliflower in a strainer and mash down to remove excess water.
- In the meanwhile preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a greased parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Now, with a cookie scoop place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheet with ¼ inch gap between each cookie.
- Then, place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and let it bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out the cookie sheet and let it cool
Healthy Cookie Recipes #2
'Will Work for Peanut Butter' Cookies
- 1 c Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- ½ c Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- ½ c Swerve
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl
- Drop on a parchment paper-lined bake sheet
- Bake 6-8 minutes
Healthy Cookie Recipes #3
"Pucker up Buttercup" Mint Cocoa Kisses
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Line 2 large rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar, increase speed to high and whip until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add granulated sugar and continue beating until whites are stiff and shiny.
- In a separate bowl, sift confectioners; sugar with cocoa to blend. Working in thirds, sprinkle cocoa mixture over egg whites and gently fold in until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer to a large ziplock bag. Seal bag, pinching out excess air. Snip off a small piece of one bottom corner of bag. Pipe out meringues through the hole onto cookie sheets, forming small kisses, about 2 inches in diameter. Bake for 1 hour, until meringues are firm and dry. Turn oven off and let meringues sit in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let meringues cool on sheets on wire racks, then gently peel kisses off the parchment paper. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Healthy Cookie Recipes #4
"Keto" Choco-chip cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. 1 stick melted butter
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c. almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. keto-friendly granulated sugar such as Swerve
- 3/4 c. dark chocolate chips such as Lily
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with the butter, heavy cream, and vanilla. Stir in the almond flour, salt, and Swerve.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the cookie batter. Form the batter into balls and arrange apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass that has been lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Bake until the cookies are golden, about 17 to 19 minutes.
Let me know which ones you love MOST! Most importantly, bake and share often!