Is Your Nutrition Plan Working? Signs and How To Fix It
ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR?
- Low or no appetite
- Struggling with milk supply if breastfeeding
- Lower hormone levels
- Negative sleep changes like waking up multiple times during the night
- Waking up hungry during the night
- Difficulty regulating blood sugar
- Low motivation and energy
- Digestion problems, GI issues
- Constantly hungry, never feeling full or satiated after eating, and/or regularly experiencing intense food cravings
- Feeling lightheaded or dizzy mid-workout.
- Struggling to "go hard" during workouts
- Struggling to lose weight, gain muscle, or maintain your physique
- Seeing decreased strength in the gym or in endurance work
- Sex drive is non-existent
- Don't feel rested when you wake up in the morning
- Muscles are excessively sore and slow to recover from workouts
- Seeing body progress then prolonged stall despite staying on the plan
- Experiencing brain fog, difficulty focusing, finding yourself depending on caffeine to survive your day
- Constantly feeling tired, exhausted, fatigued, or beat down
FINDING THE BALANCE
Sometimes we're hyper-focused on accomplishing a specific goal or have an event date we're training for.
Example: Competing in a triathlon, prepping for a physique show, trying to hit a specific body weight or composition, or just leaning out for vacation. In these cases, our health might get temporarily thrown off for that few weeks or months of hardcore focus.
For most individuals, we're living life and trying to find a happy medium.
No matter what your goal is, we're all aiming for a food program and lifestyle that's sustainable, that includes keeping our health & energy levels high, our body strong and beautiful, AND saves us time in the kitchen.
Our Nutrition should be relatively easy and enjoyable.
Ultimately, we want to do the stuff that effectively gets us from A to B.
Your nutrition isn't working if it doesn't align with your goals and if it's not sustainable.
AUDITING YOUR HABITS
If you think your Nutrition isn't working, you should audit your habits BUT check in on these 4 factors first.
Quality: If it's not a whole foods nutrition plan, then is it an evidence-based plan that's backed by science/research? If not, that may be why you're seeing poor results.
Consistency: Are you certain that you're following the plan as it's written? (99.9% of the time) You should plan on being compliant for at least 14 days before judging whether or not this plan supports your goals.
Volume: Are you eating enough? Yes, even if your goal is to decrease body fat, you have to feed your body enough nutrients that it doesn't have a negative endocrine response and slow your metabolism
Sustainability: If you can't see yourself following this plan for the foreseeable future then the progress you've gained on the plan will unravel once you've come off that plan. Something to consider.
Is It Really The Nutrition, Or Could Your Lifestyle Be The Culprit?
- Do you need to try a different style of training?
- Do we need to pull back on intensity or volume of workouts?
- Have you checked thyroid levels and hormone levels lately?
- Do you have consistent digestion issues that need attention?
- What are your stress levels like on a regular basis?
- How often do you consume alcohol?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- Are you consistently allowing yourself 7-9 hours of sleep per night?
TIME FOR A CHANGE?
Just remember that the definition of insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If your nutrition isn't working and you're constantly feeling burned out, defeated, and dealing with tons of symptoms, it's time to try something different.
A good guideline to follow is that your nutrition plan should actually leave you feeling great, energized, leaner, and stronger than before!!
If your food regime has you feeling low mood, bloated, fluffy, and like a character out of the Walking Dead then there mightttt be some room for improvement babe.
At Wholly Fueled we have incredibly yummy, incredibly effective meal plans that are guaranteed to help you look and feel great.
Our meal prep takes 90 min to prep your entire week (as long as your 2-year-old isn't helping.. But if so, GO MAMA!) Saving you over 8 hours in the kitchen in a week's time. Plus, who doesn't love a 100% accurate and organized grocery list?!? Only every woman on the planet!
Curious which program is for you?
Need a quick detox? Feeling like you've let too much processed foods into your world. Our 7-Day Food & Fitness Fix will unwind your brain and your belly and help you smash the RESET button.
Are you the type of woman that works out, has goals, and wants to look hot... but you're also the woman that would also give a bazillion dollars to never have to plan another meal again.
Yeahap us too! Fit Foodie was created just for you. Check out those details here.
And where are my badass babes looking for a Challenge? Welp, Bikini Bod Blitz 23' is right around the corner. We kick off this 4 week challenge mid-March and you 100% DO NOT want to miss it. Add your name to the list to be the first notified when we open enrollment.
Questions? Please drop them in the comments below.