Stay Fit when Traveling on a Nutrition Plan
Travel while seeing progress on a new (or seasoned) Nutrition Plan can be overwhelming and feel stressful. However, it doesn't have to be a few certain items that land on the must-pack list and they always 'save the day'!
Depending on how far you're traveling you will likely end up sitting more than normal, missing a workout or two, sleeping in a different bed, changing time zones, and maybe a touch stressed.
As we get excited about our summertime travels, I want to share with you a few things I do to keep my body's rhythm happy, healthy, and progressing.
In this week's episode, I'm going to share with you my top 5 tips on how you can stay fit while traveling so you can still crush your nutrition plan and feel good after your travels.
Nutrition Plan - Top Travel Tips:
1. Bring your own water bottle.
- Buying enough water to stay hydrated while traveling can get pricey. You will always find free bottled or filtered water in the workout room of hotels. (if you didn't know that, you're welcome) I like to travel with electrolytes to add to my water to support hydration.
2. Supplements I like to travel with include:
- Digestive enzymes to keep digestion of restaurant food regular.
- Magnesium Glycinate to aid with quality sleep and to keep bowel movements regular
- Adrenal Support to aid in any travel stress because well, I am high strung so any Zen is welcomed
- Smooth Move tea. 95% of women I know, experience some change or shift in bowel habits when traveling. Going more than one day without a bowel movement is not a comfortable situation. I always pack a laxative tea for an emergency situation.
- Always pack a packaged backup snack for each day you're away. Sometimes, a girl can get hangry while traveling having a backup plan is vital. An easy choice is an RX bar or a package of protein powder. I'm not a fan of relying on protein powders but when I travel I like paleo protein powder.
4. Food if you're packing some easy take along food here are a few options for easy travel
- Can or packet of Wild-caught tuna + avocado
- Deli meat + sliced or sweet peppers
- Rotisserie chicken + rice cakes + steamed veggies + low sugar bbq sauce
- Hard-boiled eggs + deli turkey + gluten-free oats + blueberries or raisins
- Pre-cooked gluten-free chicken nuggets + spinach
- Always pack an apple or two
5. Restaurant ordering:
- Remember that you can always order grilled fish and plain steamed veggies fro the win. Any nice spot will be happy to cook to order. Remember that if you are chasing weight loss goals then restaurant sauces are the devil.
What are your must-haves when you travel? Let us know in the comments below
Loving these food guide, goal-getting tips? You'd love my best-selling Ebook (All theThing Women Want) It's slammed with cheat sheets, guides on how much and what to eat, fat loss tips, gut health, feed your family plans, and more. Learn more by clicking the button below.
Supplements On The Go
If you would like to check out some of the supplements I use when traveling and the brands I love and trust you can do so all in one place ~ CHECK IT OUT HERE
'All The Things Women Want'
"All the Things" Women Want ebook is your step-by-step guide to live happy and healthy in a body you love! It provides nutritional info, fat loss tips, and food plans based on calories and more! ~ LEARN MORE